La Certeza Tequila || Tequila of the Week
WHAT IS TEQUILA OF THE WEEK?
Tequila of the Week is about showcasing a tequila we love and giving our guests an experience to learn about it & try it. This week it is La Certeza.
The Beckmann Family
Lunazul was founded by Francisco Beckmann, a seventh generation descendent of Jose Antonio de Cuervo. He sold his stake in the family distillery in 1992, but kept his share of the agave fields to pursue his personal goal: to distill the some of the best tequilas in the world. He founded the Tierra de Agaves estate in 2004 and soon after began producing Lunazul tequilas. Francisco passed along the tradition to his own son, Jorge Beckmann, who became president of Tierra de Agaves in 2005. Tierra de Agaves is a distillery that is responsible for multiple tequilas, including La Certeza.
Certeza means certainty. It is the culmination of the perseverance and unwavering dedication of its makers the embodiment of exceptional tequila. So pure, so exquisite, that it has been kept a secret from the rest of the world for over 200 years… until now.
- 100% Agave from the Beckmann family estate in the Central Valley of Tequila.
- Small batch distillation.
- Reposado has been aged for 6 months in select oak barrels.
- Añejo has been aged for 18 months in select oak barrels.
- Unique bottle design and ‘tuxedo’ label reinforce traditional, sophisticated positioning.
- Angles inspired by traditional Aztec architecture.